1. My Medic Watch Pty Ltd (updated on 25 May 2018)
My Medic Watch Pty Ltd ABN 69612758228 (‘we’, ‘us’, ‘our’, or ‘MMW’) operates the website and the My Medic Watch Fall or Epilepsy Apps mobile application (the “Service”).
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information when you use our Service.
2. Information privacy laws
Your personal health information will be protected in accordance with the HRIP Act and your personal health information will be given to another person only if this is important for your healthcare or can be otherwise legally and ethically justified. Please see below for what information we collect and how we use and protect that information.
3. Information we collect
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. In addition to the below personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to, your email address, name, phone number, postal address, other information (“Personal Information”).
We collect personal, health and location information about you. This includes help requests automatically or manually triggered, heart rate, etc. We also store information about your contacts, caregivers, and doctors including:
(a) in the Application process
(b) when you update personal details, and
(c) when we speak to you or a nominated Contact Person. The personal information we collect about you includes health information.
d) when there is an episode of falls or seizure we collect specific information, and health information like heart rate
e) when there is a recording of a fall or seizure we collect your location via GPS location
f) Additional information that we collect but not limited to, the type of mobile device you use, your mobile devices unique device ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, and information about the way you
use the Application. See Log Data below for more information.
We may also collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Service or when you access the Service by or through a mobile device (“Log Data”).
This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics.
When you access the Service by or through a mobile device, this Log Data may include information such as the type of mobile device you use, your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser you use and other statistics.
In addition, we may use third-party services such as Google Analytics that collect, monitor and analyze this type of information in order to increase our Service’s functionality. These third party service providers have their own privacy policies addressing how they use such information.
Please see the section regarding Location Information below regarding the use of your location information and your options.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. The Help feature on most browsers provide information on how to accept cookies, disable cookies or to notify you when receiving a new cookie.
If you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some features of our Service and we recommend that you leave them turned on.
- a. To provide the service you have asked for. Some cookies are essential so you can navigate through the website and use its features. Without these cookies, we would not be able to provide the services you’ve requested. For example, some cookies allow us to identify subscribers and ensure they can access the subscription only pages. If a subscriber opts to disable these cookies, the user will not be able to access all of the content that a subscription entitles them to. These cookies don’t gather information about you that could be used for marketing or remembering where you’ve been on the internet. Essential cookies keep you logged in during your visit.
- b. To improve your browsing experience. These cookies allow the website to remember choices you make, such as your language or region and they provide improved features. These cookies will help remember your preferences and settings, including marketing preferences, remembering if you’ve filled in certain forms, so you’re not asked to do it again, remembering if you’ve been to the Service before and restricting the number of times you’re shown a particular advertisement. We might also use these cookies to highlight Service features that we think will be of interest to you based on your usage of the Service.
- c. Analytics. To improve your experience on our Service, we like to keep track of what pages and links are popular and which ones don’t get used so much to help us keep our Service relevant and up to date. It’s also very useful to be able to identify trends of how people navigate (find their way through) our Service and if they get error messages from web pages. This group of cookies, often called “analytics cookies” are used to gather this information. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies you. The information collected is anonymous and is grouped with the information from everyone else’s cookies. We can then see the overall patterns of usage rather than any one person’s activity.
- d. To show advertising that is relevant to your interests. We may sell space on our Service to advertisers. The resulting ads often contain cookies. These cookies are used to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign. They are usually placed by advertising networks with our permission. They remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organizations such as advertisers.
We may record telephone calls made or received by us in providing the Service.
4. Why we collect information
We collect personal information to enable us to provide the Service, including:
a) to contact, via SMS, apps notifications or telephone your contact or caregivers;
b) to contact, via SMS, apps notifications or telephone your emergency contact;
c) to contact or give information to ambulance, police and other emergency services if required, and
d) for billing purposes.
We collect this information for the purpose of providing the Service, identifying and communicating with you, responding to your requests/inquiries, servicing you, and improving our services. If we do not collect personal information about you and the Contact Persons, we will not be able to provide the Service.
We may use your Personal Information to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send or by contacting us.
5. Who we usually give information to
We give limited health information you provide to your nominated contact, caregivers persons, the ambulance, police and other emergency services, and we give health and other limited information to your doctors and any other caregivers or person with whom you provide access to your dashboard or any other service.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service, to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services and/or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used. This includes companies that may message or send SMS on our behalf.
These third parties have access to your Personal Information only to perform specific tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use your information for any other purpose.
Compliance with the law
We will disclose your Personal Information where required to do so by law or subpoena or if we believe that such action is necessary to comply with the law and the reasonable requests of law enforcement or to protect the security or integrity of our Service.
6. Information management policies
Our policies on managing personal information are available on request by contacting us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. Access to information
You may request access to information that we hold about you by contacting us via email at email@example.com
8. Correcting information
9. Data Collection and Retention
You can stop all collection of information by the Application easily by uninstalling the Application. You may use the standard uninstall processes as may be available as part of your mobile device or via the mobile application marketplace or network. Note that, even if you delete the Application, the data will still remain on our secure server/ database. We do not automatically delete the data when users delete the Application because we are not notified by Apple or Google when a user deletes the Application. If you would like that data deleted, please make sure that you delete that data from your device before you delete the Application.
You can also request to opt-out via email, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will retain User provided data for as long as you use the Application and for a reasonable time thereafter. We will retain Automatically Collected information for up to 24 months and thereafter may store it in aggregate. We may use this aggregated data in research studies on medical diseases. We will only use the aggregated data, not any personally identifiable information. If you’d like us to delete User provided data that you have provided via the Application, please contact us at email@example.com and we will respond within 30 days. Please note that some or all of the User provided data may be required for the Application to function properly.
Only persons age 18 or older have permission to access our Service. Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”).
We do not use the Application to knowingly solicit data from or market to children.
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you learn that your Children have provided us with Personal Information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Information from a children under age 18 without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
We are concerned about safeguarding the confidentiality of your information. We provide physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect the information we process and maintain. For example, we limit access to this information to authorized employees and contractors who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our Application.
Please be aware that, although we endeavour provide reasonable security for information we process and maintain, no security system is 100% secure and we are unable to prevent all potential security breaches or guarantee the absolute security of the Personal Information we have collected from you.
13. Your Consent
14. International Transfer
Your information, including Personal Information, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
15. Links to Other Sites
We have no control over, and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
16. EU Users’ Rights
- a. Your GDPR rights to be informed, to access, rectify, erase or restrict the processing of your personal information. You have the right to receive free information about what personal data we have obtained about you, where it is stored, for how long, for what purposes it is used, to whom it was disclosed. You have the right to require that we, without undue delay, rectify of inaccurate personal data concerning you. That means you can request we change your personal data in our records, or have you incomplete personal data completed. You have the “right to be forgotten,” i.e. to have us delete your personal information, without undue delay, if the data is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which it was collected. However, GDPR gives us the right to refuse erasure if we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for keeping your information.
- b. GDPR gives you the right to restrict processing if any of the following applies:i. If you contest the accuracy of your personal data, we will restrict processing it for a period enabling us to verify its accuracy.
ii. The processing is unlawful and you oppose its erasure and request instead the restriction of its use.
iii. We no longer need your personal data for the purposes of the processing, but you require us to restrict processing for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
iv. You have objected to processing pursuant to Article 21(1) of the GDPR pending the verification whether our legitimate grounds override yours.
- c. Right to data portability. Upon request, we will provide you your personal data in our possession, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. You have the right to transmit that data to another controller if doing so does not adversely affect the rights and freedoms of others.
- d. Right to object. You can object, on grounds relating your particular situation, at any time, to the processing of your personal information, if based on point (e) or (f) of Article 6(1) of the GDPR. We will then have to stop processing unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing. If you object to the processing for direct marketing purposes, we will have to stop processing for these purposes.
- e. Right to withdraw consent. GDPR grants you the right to withdraw your earlier given consent, if any, to the processing of your personal data at any time.
- f. Rights related to automated decision making. As a responsible business, we do not rely on any automated decision making, such as profiling.
Did We Miss Anything?
Contact us If you have any questions regarding privacy while using the Application, or have questions about our practices, please contact us via email email@example.com or by mail: PO Box 3308 St Pauls, NSW 2031.